Tuesday, October 17, 2006

hey folks,
just clearing away the cobwebs long enough to duck in and let you all know i have to continue my break from blogland for awhile longer. life has become so crazy and i kept (foolishly) telling myself i'd update my blog tomorrow, and tomorrow turned into a week, which turned into a month, and so on.

today i realized it's just not going to happen anytime soon. probably not until things slow down in december. :(

i've been in full-on "one of a kind show" craft show mode since september. for those of you in the t-dot, i'm sure you understand the pressure. for those that aren't familiar with this show, it's huge (750+ vendors, 12 hours a day for 10 days straight). i have to make sooooooo muuuuuchh stuffffff!

here's a little peek at the madness (pre-baking)
piles
it's weird, it doesn't look like much but there are approximately 500 pieces all hand-drawn and coloured. the scary thing is that i have a lot left to make. can you say "carpal tunnel"?

back to the sweatshop....

take care, everyone!
krissy xo

14 comments:

michelleknits said...

glad to see you, even if for just a little bit. hearing from people after beginning to blog again has been so nice, but i totally understand how blog hiatuses go. hope to see or SEE you soon!

mishka said...

I can only imagine how crazy you must be going. Will you be in the same area for OOAK this year? Will your mom be helping you out again? I guess since I only ever go on the weekends, I forget that it runs during the week as well! I know you're going to be exhausted, but you'll still have so much fun!

good luck, you!

tania said...

wow!! you'll do amazing-
xoxoxo

littlemissmeshell said...

Go girl! You can do it! =) We'll all be right here when you get back to blogging, it's good to have a break sometimes, I know I get so much more done.

I can't believe the amount of stuff you have to make! That is awe inspiring, I hope it goes so, so well and that you have a ball! xox =)

*flies over from Australia and buys up all your goodies*

jen said...

thanks for the update. it's good to know it's good busyness and not bad busyness that's keeping you away.

good luck with your crafting sweatshop!!

barbara said...

i amazed your hand hasn't dropped off yet after the amount of drawing and colouring you have done so far! they look fabulous, if there are any items left after the show maybe you are up for a swap of some kind? :)
hope your hands keep up without carpal tunnel!!!
xo barbara

Megan said...

Hang in there Krissy! I'm feeling the same way about my blog recently too - so much to say but not enough time to do a proper post. We'll be here when things calm down, though. I'll look forward to hearing about the show - best of luck!

vania said...

good to see you! i agree with the others about that! sounds like you're extremely busy so i hope you're doing well under those cobwebs!

vania said...

good to see you! i agree with the others about that! sounds like you're extremely busy so i hope you're doing well under those cobwebs!

Karina said...

Good to hear from you! Look at all the wonderful things you are making for the OOAK! Sweatshop indeed! Amazing! I love my cupcake hair pins...I may have to come to TO around the time of the OOAK to come by and say hi! Blogs can wait when there are things to make! Rock on, Krissy!

Carla said...

Hmmm, I wonder if there are charts for ergonomic stretches for crafters, like there are for office workers? ha ha. That would be pretty cute. You'll do well at the show!

Miss Dot said...

hey, I had trouble posting my comment on the post I wanted it posted on.. you still with me? hey, I made a resin pendant using one of your photos. Can I send it to you? http://missminnie.typepad.com/minnie/

Carla said...

Success! I really wanted a(nother) pair of the turquoise mixed tapes earrings and they were in stock today at The Rage. The gal working there (not the usual gal) said your stuff sells like hot cakes.

Fashion said...

Genuine blog....Avoid uncomfortable shoes....!!!!We have Timberland shoes