Saturday, January 26, 2008

my new obsession

earlier this week i was feeling antsy about not having a book to read having just finished this one. i vaguely recalled hearing about book swapping sites so i did some googling and came up with bookmooch. i signed up right away and listed 9 books. within a few minutes of listing i already had people requesting two of them and by weeks end i had sent out four books to new homes!

last night i successfully mooched these two books! they should be arriving in my mail in the next few weeks! i can't wait...

the secret life of bees


a long way down


but i was craving more books still...ones i had on my bookmooch wishlist but was too impatient to wait for (currently there are no copies for mooching which means i could be waiting months or years for them to become available). so i got out the credit card and ordered a few from chapters.

craft inc.



love is a mix tape (ordered because i won't be able to renew my library copy and i read way too slowly to finish it in 2 weeks...so paul's reading the library one right now instead)


a spot of bother (by the same author of the book i just finished)


has anyone read any of these 5 books i'm waiting to be delivered? what are you reading right now?

7 comments:

Line Rider Blog said...

Hey Krissy,

I'm reading A Spot of Bother right now. It's good, but it took me a while to get used to the writing style. He doesn't introduce the characters, so it's hard to keep track of everybody. He also flips back and forth between present and past from one paragraph to another, making things a little confusing. But other than that I like it!

Line Rider Blog said...

Oops, I don't think my name showed up on the comment I just left. It's Deutsch :)

mishka said...

I have Craft Inc. – recommended by a friend of mine. It's got a lot of great information. Definitely a good book to have. Thanks for posting the bookmooch site – I have a lot if books I can swap!

Sarah and Jack said...

I love the secret life of bees. Awesome book, you will not be disappointed.

The Sewing Bunny said...

its been back and forth between serena and blair for me...currently i'm on blair though, haha. i am still lusting over those over-the-knee chinese laundry boots serena wore one time.

tania said...

oooh! secret life of bees was amazing and i just leafed through the craft one- its look really good too!
:)

vania said...

I also loved Secret Life of Bees and Spot of Bother. Happy reading!