Monday, November 07, 2005

i'm stuck in the 80's

on my way to the grocery store this afternoon, i got a bit sidetracked by the goodwill store conveniently located right next door (so dangerous!). i must have a 6th sense for sniffing out thrifting opportunity vibes from the sidewalk because i walked in and found lots of great stuff!
thriftclothes
the 3 shirts are straight from the 80's. in fact, the peacock and striped shirts have authentic puffy sleeves! (squeals!)

twothriftedbelts
both belts are stretchy (my favourite!) and the black one jingles a bit when i walk.

thriftpins
some cute pins i found for next to nothing.
***
on saturday paul & i went for dim sum with karina & jason and tania & paul (and their friend todd). it was so much fun! paul & i had never had dim sum before and now we can't stop thinking about it...it was so delicious! we were pleasantly surprised by the number of veggie options too. yum yum.

13 comments:

Karina said...

Hi Krissy!
Nice finds at the thrift shop.
Love the 'authentically' puffy sleeves!

andrea said...

Oooh, those are cute pins. I wonder why I never find ones like that, only huuuuge ones that are terribly uncool.

Karin said...

Yeah I too love how you love your 80s stuff so much :).

CheleBele said...

I love your finds. I wish I could see how you put them together.

We always have problems finding dim sum with veggie options. I'm jealous!!!

tania said...

yay!
i cant wait till next time.'and dang - some great scores!
:)
xox

vania said...

i also am so into puffy sleeves and secretary blouses. i love your finds!

vania said...

ohh...forgot to mention i also have that same butterfly belt but in navy blue. i scored it for $o.50 at a flea market!

elizabeth said...

those are very lovey 80's finds (esp. those pins...i am extremely jealous :)

carrie said...

the pins and shirts are definitely great finds. i'm jealous that you have a laundry line!

melanienyc said...

I love those pins & the butterfly belt! great find. you have officially inspired me to check out some local thrift shops.

Nikki said...

I'm so jealous of your finds. My next-door consignment store just shutdown this week. No more drop-in thrift shopping for me.

Great pins by the way!

Stinkerbelle Rock said...

ooooohhh fabulous finds!

mishka said...

I was browsing your site and saw these pins you posted. The pins of the maple leaves with a compass inside are Explorer pins. Explorers is a Canadian and religious version of Girl Guides :) I got one of those pins (it holds together two ends of a red ribbon, which is worn around your neck) when I was in Explorers at about age 10! When you "graduate", you go on to CGIT (http://www.cgit.ca/), but I quit instead...

Great finds!!