Monday, March 20, 2006

g'bye winter!

last night paul made apple crumble to celebrate the end of winter. it was absolutely delicious and made the house smell like heaven.
applecrumble
we ate it while we watched grey's anatomy. i can't even tell you how much i love this show!! LOVE IT! all of the characters are so complex and interesting. (my cousin tipped me off that there's even a grey's anatomy blog!)

**
in other news, i spent my entire march break (last week) stuck inside making stuff for the spring one of a kind show. it's coming up fast...wed. march 29th to sun. apr. 2nd. i'm just a tiny bit stressed....not too bad. i feel ok during the day when i'm working on it but when i go to bed at night i toss + turn thinking of stuff i still need to do, supplies i still need to buy, new designs i should work on for the next show. i can't turn my brain off even though i'm sleepy.
anyhow, here's a peek at a little bit of what i've been doing.
(waiting to become earrings)
earringcharms

(soon to be charm bracelets)
braceletcharms

i've got necklaces & hairpins too but didn't bother taking a photo.

hope everyone had a great weekend...
HAPPY SPRING!!!

18 comments:

Carla said...

Lookin' good! I hope you make a million bucks at the sale, your work is special.

mishka said...

Yes - good luck on the sale!

I may be there shopping with my little sister :) Will you be there all weekend?

krissy said...

carla: thanks, chickie! hope to see you there!

mishka: yup, i'm there for the full 5 days. i'll be in "rising stars" under my biz name "ratgirl". come by and say "hi"!

CheleBele said...

Looks like you have been a busy little bee. Everything looks great! Good luck at the show. Knock their socks off and make a bundle.

michelleknits said...

Ooh, I want to come! Everything is so excellent and special (I love the mixed tapes especially!)

I hope you have a great sale!

Megan said...

Those cupcake charms are too cute! Good luck at the show!

barbara said...

love your shrinky dink stuff, hope you can find them all loving homes (or ears and arms hehe) :) how do you get such nice colours, and so vibrant ones too?

sue said...

good luck, krissy!

p.s. i covet that plate - its design and everything on it!!!

tania said...

wow! such a lot of work! you are going to do awesome-
:)
yummy pie- mmm

robyn said...

I love your stuff, do you sell online?

krissy said...

thanks for all of the encouragement, everyone! :)

robyn: i have a few things for sale on http://www.snazzygirl.com under "ratgirl handmade goodies" (that's the name of my little business). or if you see something you like, shoot me an email (ratgirlgoodies at hotmail dot com) and i can send you something myself!

LittleMissMeshell said...

Oh wow, gorgeous charms! The cupcakes and the cassette tapes are my faves :)
Great job
MissMeshell xx

jan said...

love apple crumble.
good work on the inventory Krissy ... i will hear how it all goes from D. know it will be another success!!

LittleMissMeshell said...

Hello again hun! Cheers for your nice comments on my blog :)
With the bedsheet drop-stitch scarf I just tied the pieces together but you could most definitely sew them if you had the patience! (as the knots created by tieing are quite big!)
:)

Aimee "Roo" said...

i heart charm braclets! i wish that i was able to be there, i would snap one up in a flash.

that apple crisp makes me hungry. ;)

Stacey said...

Wow. Those charms are really cute. I love the gigantic bright colors.

Carla said...

p.s.

Paul's apple crumble looks delish!

erin scissorhands said...

aw ive never had my ears pierced but those cassette tape earrings make my heart skip a beat. so adorable.