Saturday, February 02, 2008

current obsession: 02-02-08


have you heard about this new show called quarterlife? it's about a group of twenty-somethings and their relationships, career woes, and general angst. and it's sooooo good!

right now it's only available online in small 8-ish minute episodes but i think it's coming to nbc soon. although the short episodes are a little frustrating---you no sooner get into the show and it ends---at least for now you won't have to deal with annoying commercials like you will when it comes to tv land.

oh, and i think the reason why i *love* this show SO MUCH is that it's made by the people who did my so-called life! i mean really, need i say more?

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I shall check it out! However, I'm a bit apprehensive about shows depicting 20-something year olds because I am no longer part of that demographic and as such, I find conversations between 20-somethings a tad immature and superficial...perhaps I'm just getting older and no longer have the patience or desire to listen to the self-conscious ramblings of youth.

Carla said...

cool, I'll check it out. Are you watching jPod? I love it, haven't read the book yet.

In Yr Fshn said...

I watch it. I don't really like it, but I can't sop watching it and then complaining about it to my BF. It's very compelling. Did you know it'll be on TV soon? I think it was NBC that bought the rights... There's a really interesting backstory to the show. I won't go into great detail, but basically the guys who created MSCL were sick of networks not giving shows a chance, so they went to the Internet, etc....

MARICHELLE said...

oooo I LOVED My So Called Life - I actually own the DVDs and watch it every now and then so I can fall back in love with Jordan C =)

I'll have to check this out!