Tuesday, February 19, 2008

can a girl marry a pair of shoes?


these lovelies set me back $3.50 because it was a 50%-off day at my local goodwill. they are an absolute dream...so comfy and cute, well...at least to me. i've been wanting a pair of oxfords for awhile now and the thrifting gods brought us together last wednesday.

here they are in action.


that very same day at that very same goodwill, i also found this other pair of super sturdy, very well-made shoes. yes, another pair of oxfords! (they actually remind me a lot of these frye shoes the fashion bloggers have been all over for awhile.) they followed me home too even though they're a half-size too big. i figured since they were also only $3.50 i could afford to give insoles a try.


i also spied this adorable vintage wicker purse ($3.00) with lovely tortoise-shell details. i'm wondering if it could be bakelite??


in other news, i'm craving muffins. anyone have a good recipe? (no raisins, please.)

10 comments:

Kim's Suitcase said...

wah too bad i almost made muffins for tea yesterday, but surcomed to sembe...

i use a mix, add water and viola, no muss no fuss...i know it is a little rude but rude can be good!

your shoes have heels, you will be so tall like a goddess! ( maybe a granny goddess?!)

Carla said...

Great shoes! You heart sensible shoes, me too. I've been looking for low-cost vegan loafers for ages. In the 80s I had so much fun in Bass Weejun penny loafers, in black, navy, brown and burgundy, and I want them back! I should hire you to be my personal shopper, you always find good stuff!

CheleBele said...

Great shoes! How funny, I am planning to give Goodwill a purse almost identical. Mine isn't in as good shape as yours though. I think my handles are leather. I bought it at a vintage market about 20 years ago!

Anonymous said...

Love the purse.

Stacy & Clinton would like to attend your "shoe wedding".

Love you & miss you.

Guess Who!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! more like Stacey & Clinton would like to have you on their show!

vania said...

I love that purse - what a fun find!

In Yr Fshn said...

That wicker purse is adorable! I also just saw something on a gal at Facehunter (I think?)... reminds me of all great Spring things.

tania said...

woo score!!!
:) how cute are those shoes??
perfect.

Shop Girl* said...

So I'm thinking a might need more sensible shoes after looking through what you've got here... as if you get such good deals!

laura said...

Nice shoes!! but not so cute. My friend 'Ricky' have the same shoes.