Sunday, March 02, 2008

wardrobe remix 03-02-08


here's something interesting i've realized this weekend. desperately needing to do laundry has made me way more creative about my clothing choices. i think this is my most favourite outfit i've put together in a really long time and 2 of the items i haven't worn in years...and the only reason i am today is that all of my "high rotation" clothing needs to be washed.

dark blue denim shirtdress: clothing swap (eddie bauer)
yellow shirt: thrifted and altered child's "dragonballz" long-sleeve
red leggings: thrifted
black argyle socks: my dad & stepmom (i ask for kneehighs every xmas so most of my favourites are from them)
black rainboots: thrifted
green scarf: thrifted sweatshirt fabric that i cut into a long rectangle
black belt: a gift from my cousin & her husband
house brooch: i made it myself
black calculator watch: casio

***
here's a closeup of the house brooch i made about a month ago. i am so in love with this and had so much fun making it. i'm thinking about doing a series of these.

8 comments:

tania said...

i love the house!! isn't it great to FINALLY feel creative again? sheesh- what a long winter. love the outfit-
:)

In Yr Fshn said...

Yay! You are back to WR! Very exciting. Love the colors and pin.

Kim's Suitcase said...

yes yes the house pin series, i can't wait till you do a whole neighbourhood, i love it...

nice too seeing you here looking quite darling!

Carla said...

I love the house too! And the whole outfit. I should hire you to go thrifting for me, you have such a good eye!

Shop Girl* said...

Hi there!

I really like your blog!! haha! Your title is really similar to mine (I Heart My Shoes) and when I put into google yours came up so I took a look!! I also love the house brooch, it's SO cute!

Hobocamp Crafts said...

I just found your blog- but I had to laugh and smile when I read the top of the blog
"rambling on about things i'm knitting, crafting, cooking, watching on tv, listening to, thinking about, shopping for/wishing i could afford, thrifting, reading, and borrowing from the library."

because it sounds exactly like me! So happy I found it- awesome outfit.

WendyB said...

That brooch is so cute.

Iheartfashion said...

Great outfit!
And I love the brooch you made: very cool! You should definitely do a series.