Monday, August 11, 2008

cottage = summer


a couple of weeks ago, paul and i spent a week at the cottage we rent every year near haliburton. we had such a great time. a couple of our friends always come with us for a few days and that always makes for good times too. here are some of my favourite pictures from our week.

noah loves the cottage:

looking down the curve in the lake:

i want to remember this day in the middle of january:

a group of "shoe trees" just outside of kinmount:

a snack from the chip truck:

5 comments:

CheleBele said...

It looks wonderful there!!! Noah looks like a happy pooch.

Kim's Suitcase said...

so beautiful. i am a confirmed believer in 'the cottage'. plus i share with you the fond memories of chip truck delights!

see you soon.

k

WendyB said...

Beautiful scenery. Nice fries too.

Carla said...

That's a sweet tradition! Glad you had such a nice time. That picture of Noah is so precious!

Anonymous said...

I never understood what the big appeal is about going to a cottage. When I hear the word "cottage" I cringe. I went to a cottage just for the day this summer and couldn't wait to leave. No offense, everyone is entitled to their opinion but speaking for myself, I can't fathom the thought of sitting around all day getting mosquito bites and staring out at a lake. The mental stimulation I need cannot be found at a cottage.

Bettie