Monday, February 09, 2009

sensible sandals


i know my last shoe post was all about the maryjanes and boots i've been coveting (update: i tried on the clarks cutebars last thursday and they were awesome. but....i chickened out after figuring out the price after taxes). however i did find some sandals last night and actually brought them home with me. i know it's a tad early for summer footwear but i didn't hesitate a minute when i spotted a selection of worishofer sandals out front of a little store on the danforth.

i have a slightly uneasy feeling they may be knock-offs and feel a bit concerned that i may have just given 20 bucks to a terrorist cell. clue #1: they were $19.99 and the ones i've been coveting online for almost 2 years are much more than that (usually $70-ish). clue #2: they say "made in italy" and i'm pretty sure they are actually made in germany. clue #3: instead of a worishofer shoe-box, they came in a shoe box that just said "made in italy" in great big letters. hmmm....
but a great deal of googling this afternoon didn't confirm my suspicions. in fact, i couldn't find anything about "fake worishofers" at all.

please let me know if you find anything before i go and purchase a 2nd pair.....

7 comments:

Carla said...

So cute!

erika said...

hm... either way they are cute!

tania said...

ooh you are blogging again YAY!!
hoe did i miss this- need to get bloglines...
love the sandals-
don't worry you arenot supporting terrorists... i am sure of it!
lol

Valérie said...

Knock-offs or not, $20 for such an awesome pair of sandals is a steal! I'd go back for seconds for sure!

stuffstuff said...

oooooh where on the danforth?

krissy said...

stuffstuff: i don't actually know the name of the store. it was some random store that sells a mish-mash of items, not just shoes. i think it was around the danforth & jones area. hope that helps.

Pipes MacFads said...

I know this post is from forever ago but I'm wondering... Have you managed to find Worishofer sandals anywhere else in Toronto? I've been googling all dya and I've come up with nuthin'! I'm going to Mexico in a week and I need me some cute-but-sensible sandals!