Friday, August 13, 2010

learning to sew


After years of wishing I knew how to sew, I'm finally going to do something about it. Carla and I both signed up for Home Ec, an online sewing class. I think it runs for 5 weeks with a new project each day. Intensive, yes. But luckily the lessons will stay up on the blog for a year so I can work away at them at my own pace.

I'm hoping to get started on the first project today...table napkins. I just have to pre-wash my ric-rac. I didn't even know you had to pre-wash trim but I've already learned that from the course. Yay!

I've been squirreling away vintage fabric, mostly vintage sheets & pillowcases, for years in hopes that someday I'd learn how to sew and be able to make something wonderful from them. Here is the stash I've collected, all freshly washed and ready to become something amazing!


The only problem is that I'm a bit afraid to cut into them!

1 comment:

Carla said...

You've got such pretty fabric! I have the fear of cutting, too! I'm not even trying to keep up with the blog either! So glad we're doing it together!