Wednesday, October 26, 2005

tired and stressed and tired

last night i could not fall asleep. not earth-shattering news, happens to everyone, right? but i can fall asleep anywhere, anytime, with any amount of noise around me. as tired as i felt, i just couldn't shut off my brain. even though i've been spending every spare minute chained to my studio desk, i still feel like i'm not going to be ready in time for the one of a kind show. and so i lay in bed last night with my mind racing over which designs i still need to do, how i should display everything, how much to make of each design, not to mention panicking over report cards which are due 3 days before the show! ACK! i think it was 1:00 when i finally drifted off. needless to say, i was grumpy when the alarm went off at 6am this morning. :(

paul talked me through my anxiety this morning and i'm feeling a bit better (and more focused) now.

on a lighter note, i took a break last night to make spicy banana bread (lots of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & a touch of cloves). i haven't made this since last november when i baked and brought some to paul and karina while they were at the one of a kind show. weird coincidence...
bananabread

8 comments:

tania said...

oooh!! i hate that feeling!
you are going to do awesome, you'll see!

vania said...

i hate it too when my mind is not ready to sleep but the rest of me desperately needs it. something that works for me, if you're into it, is something called Rescue Remedy by Bach. You can get it at health food stores and it's a natural remedy used to bring calmness and make us rested - placebo effect or not, it works! Good luck. your spicy bread looks fantastic!

karina said...

Oh Krissy, you are just in a one-of-a-kind mode. It's a total frantic frenzy of mad making. I know exactly how you feel. In fact, I have been thinking about the madness I was in a year ago. I think the cooler weather is bringing it all back to me. Its good to go thru a frantic production phase. I think you will do very well there. It will pay off in the end. Hang in there and keep crafting!

Aimee "Roo" said...

the bread looks super spicy! and totally yummy.

Catherine said...

Oh that looks so yummy! Can we have the recipe? :d

Karin said...

Was the one-of-a-kind show this weekend? How did it go??

elizabeth said...

that bread sounds yum! do you just make basic banana bread and then add a bunch of cinnamon, etc. to it?

girl, i am feeling your anxiety. i have a lil art/craft fair next weekend (its my first) and i am feeling very unprepared.

good luck to both of us :)

Matthew Francis said...

That looks like REALLY good banana bread!