Monday, July 23, 2007

so, i guess i'm back

hi everyone! sorry to have slipped off the face of the internets for darn close to a year. i don't really have a good reason for my absence except to say that i just wasn't "feeling it". i wish i had a better explanation but i don't. however, i did have a feeling i'd be back eventually which is why i didn't make an official "goodbye" post. so here i am!

i won't bore you with what i've been doing for the last 295 days or so mainly because i can't really think of anything in particular. but i expect i will be sharing what i'm up to this summer in upcoming entries. unfortunately, my camera is at the nikon hospital and won't be coming back for a few more weeks yet, so most of my photos will be of stuff i can find online for now.

which leads me to the perfect opportunity to tell you about the most incredible book i finished about a week ago. it's called lullabies for little criminals by heather o'neill.

carla warned me it was sad and she was right, but it is so beautifully written. there were many times when i just couldn't put this book down. and even though i finished it about a week ago, i can't stop thinking about it. the story has really stayed with me. highly recommended if you're looking for a new read to dive into.

now i've started reading a girl named zippy: growing up small in mooreland indiana which is pretty good. it started off really funny but then there was a chapter i wasn't so keen on involving a baby pig. i'm going to stick with it though and see if i go back to enjoying it as much as i did at the beginning. i thought it started off with a david sedaris kind of vibe.


if you have any good book recommendations, please leave them in the comments section. i'd love to have more to add to my "to read" list.

ps. while i was gone, blogger messed with some cogs and gears---if you previously subscribed to my blog you probably won't get updates unless you re-subscribe. sorry for the annoyance.

4 comments:

littlemissmeshell said...

Oh yay, welcome back! =) And you don't need any reason to stop/start blogging I feel, it's a thing to do for you =)

I want to read that first book, thanks! x

lbc said...

I'm (Laura's friend from Ottawa) delurking to say I'm glad you're back. I really like reading your blog.

As for books, I recommend Murasaki - http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Tale-Murasaki-Novel-Liza-Dalby/9780385497954-item.html?ref=Search+Books%3a+'murasaki'

Carla said...

Lullabies For Little Criminals... that John K Sampson picks some good books!

jen said...

stupid blogger and/or google reader! i had no idea you were back until a comment you left on mishka's blog made me think to check out your blog.

i'm glad you're back, now i have to get caught up!