Tuesday, August 07, 2007

i luv farmers

i was an early riser again today. 7:00am. why is it so easy to wake up bright and early when i'm on vacation but as soon as i have to go back to work i drag my sorry ass out of bed only after two alarms have gone off?

today i was motivated by the farmers' market. what a great way to start the day...shopping for fresh, local produce and handing your money directly to the farmer who grew it all!

i was so excited by all of the lovely fruits & veggies that i went a little crazy. i'm most excited by the corn on the cob (because i loooove corn on the cob), the strawberries (because i thought the ontario season was over so it was a lovely surprise!), and the yellow watermelon (because the woman gave me a sample and it was the sweetest melon i'd ever tasted!)

after the market, i drove out to mississauga to pick up my camera that was finally fixed. i'm so happy to have it again!

on to the grocery store to pick up a few groceries for the week.

back home for a quick lunch.

then to the dog park to take noah for a walk.


he had a fun time running about and sniffing just about every square inch of the grass. he didn't want to sit still for a photo so the picture is a little fuzzy but i like it because it looks like he's laughing.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Mmmmmm, I love the farmer's markets too. There's one pretty much every day in Toronto. Can't stops singing "good things gro-o-ow in On-tar-i-o!"

Ravelry is only letting people in slowly because they're working on the bugs, I don't think they're being snotty, just cautious.

I don't have time for more online distractions anyway, so I can wait I guess.

The Sewing Bunny said...

Noah is adorable! And farmer's markets are AMAZING. I have none around where I live, but everytime I'm on vacation with my family, we make sure to find one. Great blog!

The Sewing Bunny said...

Nice meeting you too! :)