Tuesday, April 15, 2008

junk mail revolution


i've started a one-woman junk mail revolution. i'm tired of getting heaps of unaddressed mail in our mailbox even though we clearly have a "No Junkmail or Flyers" sign on our box.

so i've started on my personal campaign to annoy the hell out of the people who send this stuff.

i'm collecting unaddressed mail that comes to our door and sticking it in those "postage paid when mailed in canada" envelopes...this one was conveniently included with a junk mail advertisement yesterday.

with just 2 days worth of mail, i've managed to stuff the envelope as full as i possibly could. i'm mailing it back to this company tomorrow and they can be flooded with junkmail for a change. and even better: they have to PAY to have it sent to them!


does this make me a bad person?

anyone want to join me?

p.s. it should also be noted that the company who will soon be receiving my junk mail package was outed as a bit of a scam by my hero, wendy mesley awhile back.

7 comments:

MARICHELLE said...

love it! I should figure out a way to annoy the credit card companies who won't leave me alone with endless introductory low APR offers - I get at least 6 of them per week. Argh!

Carla said...

yah! I'm going to start doing that too! If I get one more postcard about a $600,000 house for sale. And those pre-recorded phone messages, grr. But yes, those envelopes are the very worst, so much paper wasted.

There's a band I like called Soft Copy, you might know them? (wink) They have a song about how great Wendy Mesley is.

ellie said...

That is brilliant and I'm absolutely going to give it a try!

Aimee "Roo" said...

i love the idea! :) very creative way to make a point.

vania said...

I love this idea too - great idea! I just hope i can find a good way to rid telemarketers too. Unsubscribing from their lists doesn't help! Grr...

tania said...

oh YAH!!! what a brilliant idea- i am so in-
:) very sensible indeed!

Alison said...

What an awesome idea. This could actually work! I'm joining you.