Thursday, August 11, 2005

tagged, i'm it

many many days ago, i was tagged for the very first time by tania. my mission, should i choose to accept, is to complete this.
id•i•o•syn•cra•sy - a structural or behavioural characteristic peculiar to an individual or group. Write down 5 of your own idiosyncrasies, then if you wish, tag 5 people.
after much thought, i've come up with 5 slightly bizarre facts about myself. here then, i bring you....

the five idiosyncrasies of krissy

Y i must get in and out of bed on the same side

Y i refuse to bite into corn on the cob. i'll only eat it after i've cut all of the kernels off the cob. (in a similar vein, i also don't bite into fruit like apples, peaches, pears. i only eat them after i've cut them into wedges.)

Y when i read a magazine, i don't peek ahead. i start at the first page and read my way through to the end. i even read the message from the editor & letters from readers

Y my sense of smell is almost non-existent. yet strangely, i am able to taste food. there are a limited number of things i can smell: campfires, chopped celery, vanilla (sometimes), and my dog when he needs a bath. that's pretty much it.

Y i don't have a problem with any food mixing together...except with rice. rice cannot touch any other food AT. ALL. if even one or two grains find its way onto another food i have to move it right away because it totally grosses me out.

(might i be a tad OCD?)

that was fun!


anyhow, i hope i don't lose any friends here (not sure if people like being tagged or not) but i'm going to gently suggest a tag to carla, dk, robin, and nadia. i would have tagged erika, but the poor girl has been "it" a few times already this week. and just like tania said, no pressure here, ladies!

5 comments:

the knitrider said...

thanks for sparing me from this one!!
on a funny opposite note, i HAVE to eat corn off the cob, otherwise its just too wierd for me. if its mixed in something like salsa thats fine too.

dk said...

Causing me to think on a Thursday morning? Hmmm...

I will get on this, though. I've never been tagged before!

robin said...

just 5? hehe!

i'll post them tomorrow.

tania Howells said...

hee hee! those are cute!
thanks for not minding being tagged!
:)
t

Carla said...

Hey Krissy! I played, I'm a little OCD too. Corn on the cob, so delicious but impossible to be even remotely graceful while eating it... Did you see Metric announced a Toronto show for the fall? The purse you knit is awesome. I gave someone a pair of Ratgirl earrings last night, she loves them!