Monday, August 08, 2005

i take procrastination to a new level

does anyone remember me posting how i was starting a knitted purse about a hundred years ago??? well, i got as far as buying the bamboo handles back in june and then the project just sat and gathered dust. after finishing my first slipper a couple of days ago (another project that sat in the corner unloved forever) i was feeling accomplished and like i could take on the world.

which leads me back to the knitted purse. i stayed up until 2:30 am last night because dammit, i wasn't going to put that purse down until it was finished.
and now it is!!
knitted purse
it is lumpy where it shouldn't be but i think it's because i didnt do so well when i sewed the handles on.

i lined it with some cute vintage material that was a sheet in it's former life. too bad i don't have a clue how to sew or line a purse. here's what the inside looks like anyway.
knit purse (inside)
i'm still really proud because it's my first purse ever...knitted or otherwise!

on an unrelated note, i've obviously been asleep at the wheel for the last few days. i just realized today that tania has tagged me to list 5 of my idiosyncrasies. i have to think about this for a bit but will be back with that amusing info shortly...

11 comments:

robin said...

krissy! its great! i love the flower pin too. what kind of yarn did you use? i just picked up 3 handles at joann's today --they're on sale. what pattern did you use?

btw, i started your scarf! we're still on right? right?

krissy said...

thanks so much, robin! i'm pretty sure the pattern is from the book "hollywood knits style" and the pattern is called "funky purse". i used patons upcountry (my favourite yarn but discontinued) in an ice blue colour. the flower pin i made using the pattern in "snb nation" (it's the embellishment part of the headwarmer pattern). the flower is the same stuff i used for my slipper...lamb's pride in victorian pink. hope that helps!

Monica said...

Wow, I love your purse! Sadly, I've got 3 or 4 pairs of bamboo handles meant for knitted or felted purses and just haven't gotten around to doing it.

dk said...

Wow, great job!!

the knitrider said...

the purse is SO ROCKIN. i LOVE it!!! its so cute and summery/springy. thanks for the comments on the lelah. my mom loves it! btw, did your online store get up yet???

Karina said...

Krissy, it it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have realized what Tania 'tag' meant. I am out of it when it comes to this blogging jargon, it seems. I will have to gather mine together and post shortly.

tania said...

splendid purse!
cant wait for the list!

Aimee "Roo" said...

that is just so cute. i am impressed, i love the flower, and the handles.

just found your blog too, it's fun! ;)

Lollie Lane said...

Adorable!!

Hanna said...

I'm impressed! Your first try! Imagine how the next one will look! :-)

Fredda said...

Who cares how long it took; it's cool! If you design knitting and/or crochet patterns, I would love to sell them at The Knitting Vault. Check it out!