Monday, September 03, 2007

'bye summer


it's monday night and sadly i have to go to bed in a couple of hours because it's back to work tomorrow morning. time to become re-aquainted with the 6 am alarm clock. (grumble grumble...)

it's been an awesome two months though. probably one of my best summers yet. and although i didn't get to everything on my list, i do feel like i made the most of each day and accomplished a whole lot. i actually started to exercise on a regular basis (HUGE for me!) by swimming laps at the olympic pool closeby. i'm hoping to keep up the momentum even after going back to work by pledging to swim a couple of times a week (or more) at an indoor pool. i'm hoping that if i go straight from work, i'll actually stick with it.

so many other good things about the summer: lots of bonding with noah on walks and trips to the beach & park, reading more than i have in years, getting a crazy good start on my jewellery production for the "one of a kind show", experiencing real homemade ice-cream at ed's, lots of time with my honey on his weeks off, tuesday visits to the farmers' market and weekly tea time afterwards with kim. so much more but of course i'm forgetting it all now....

i ended my vacation today almost exactly how i started it in july. i took noah down to cherry beach for a romp on the off-leash trail and some time on the sand by the water. not quite as long as at the beginning of my summer: of course i had lots of things on my mind (getting back to work stuff) and i couldn't relax quite the same way. but it was a great way to say goodbye to my favourite season.

i took the top picture while on the trail at cherry beach this afternoon. and here's noah reluctantly sitting still amongst the tall grasses there. it's going to be a weird adjustment for him too when mommy leaves to go to work in the morning.


hope you all had a lovely labour day weekend!

6 comments:

WendyB said...

Why does the summer always go so fast! :-(
I swear, I have Seasonal Affect Disorder all winter!

In Yr Fshn said...

I'm with Wendy! But your adorabler dog must make things happier all through the year. He's quite handsome!

Carla said...

Now you can hear Metro Morning again though! I have trouble getting started in the mornings too, I have 2 alarm clocks set to different times, placed in different parts of the apartment so I'm forced to move around at least to hit snooze!

I hope you get a nice bunch of students!

tania said...

oh! i have been thinking about you today!! hope school is going ok on your first day back!

Kim's Suitcase said...

what a nice post krissy...

The Sewing Bunny said...

sounds like you had a fulfilling summer :)!



p.s. noah is adorable!