Friday, May 05, 2006

thursday's "charming" dinner

last night i made yet another recipe from garden of vegan. this time it was "charming fennel roasted vegetables", on pg. 119 for those following along at home. i also made breaded tofu, which came from my head not the cookbook. the dinner was absolutely, gold star, A+!
roastedveggies

i'm loving this cookbook...everything is so easy to make because the recipes use just a few ingredients. (perfect for me because i'm a super lazy cook.)

****

thanks for the tips about blocking acrylic. i think i might give it a go. i've never blocked anything before (i guess i'm a lazy knitter too???) but i feel i should at least try with this project. the spot where stockinette meets garter is doing some mad curling and i'm not so happy with that. pictures to follow...promise!

3 comments:

michelleknits said...

oh that looks really good, though i'm usually a bit wary of fennel. though sometimes its cool. i should try it again, it's been awhile. and i'm curiuos how the acrylic blocks out cause i haven't event thought of it, let alone tried!

i decided i have to return my world vegetarian book today (SOB!) cause it's starting to fall apart and i don't want to be charged for it. Maybe I should switch over to your GOV project?? gosh i'll REALLY miss this book, though!

vania said...

i love that dish too - and your plate is just heavenly!

Megan said...

I need to get that book! I'd actually been thinking about it, but I'm always hesitant to buy cookbooks without pictures! So you've given me a little preview - thanks!