Tuesday, May 30, 2006

last weekend (part 1)

in case you didn't see my post in my comments section, thanks again to everyone for their sweet birthday wishes! every single one of them made me smile...

*****

so this past weekend was probably my busiest one in a very long while. i did so many fun and interesting things that i think i might have to devote most (if not all) of this week's bloggy entries to sharing it all with you.

FRIDAY

after work i got the windshield fixed, which was neither fun nor interesting. but what i did immediately after picking it up from the shop, was! i headed over to the annual textile museum yardage sale. i was a bit bummed because it started at 11am, and if i hadn't had to get the blasted window fixed, i could have been there by 12:30 before things were picked over. as it turned out there were still lots of goodies to be found at 5:30.

vintage patterns were 5 for $1! since i don't sew, i wasn't worried about finding patterns in my size or styles that i liked. all i did was pick out the ones with lovely retro illustrations so they can be turned into something cute and crafty.
3sewingpatterns

i also bought about 5 vintage magazines, 3 of which were these vintage needlecraft magazines. i also scored an issue of martha stewart. (if you look closely you can sort of see the stacks of patterns i picked up...i think i got about 20 in total)
a stack of vintage sewing patterns

and most of you have probably figured out by now that i am totally and completely obsessed with vintage buttons...especially the pretty plastic ones. so i had to get these (total $1.50 for the whole lot)
vintage buttons

in all, i spent just over $6!!

as if that wasn't fun enough, i went out friday night to a massive houseparty (300+ people) to see paul's new band, soft copy, make their live debut. they rocked the house!

then to bed at 3am...and up the next morning at 6:00am! stay tuned to find out what was able to get me out of bed after only 3 hours of sleep!

6 comments:

michelleknits said...

ooh, too be continued! fun! i love those patterns and those buttons and all of your loot!

and i read your comment on jen's blog about me being the only one to not beat your score in avocodolite farm...oh, wait till i kick your ass in ummm...something. yeah, something!!! watch out!

krissy said...

hee hee hee

Harmonia said...

Happy Belated B-Day!

Love the buttons!

sadie said...

Belated Birthday wishes!! I turned 35 this year too!! And it has been a great year so far! :) I played some Farm Hustle and now I have my friend hooked. He keeps sending me updated high scores. Last one was over 11,000. He enjoys competition of any type. My b'friend just looked over my shoulder at it and said "cute" and walked away!
Great thrift finds. Don't you think we are much younger 35 year olds than our parents were??? :)

Carla said...

Good scores! All for $6, that's less than the price of a dragon rice bowl at Fresh!

I wish I'd known P's band was playing, my friend who likes his former band is in town and she might have gone. Ah well!

Check out the rain out there tonight! Nice and refreshing.

carrie said...

i have a vintage copy of needlework that has so many awesome projects. in a lifetime, i couldn't complete them all.